Sunday, September 17, 2006

When the Toast is Burning...



...the milk is turning and Captain Crunch is waving farewell...

Yes, kids they don't serve breakfast in hell in case you were wondering. And above you are seeing what I ate for breakfast on Saturday. I realize my breakfast resembles something a rabbit or rodent would eat. But no it is actual food that is safe for human beings to consume.

Anyway...I've had an interesting couple of weekends. I've been spending pretty much all of my weekends watching movies thus far in the semester. So far I've seen Little Miss Sunshine, Invinceable, and this weekend was The Illusionist. I'm the cornball who gets so into the story I'm sitting on the edge of my seat and making little gasping, awwing, and oh no sounds. I highly recommend the The Illusionist by the way. But movies is not what has made the past few weekends interesting. It was been really different this year. Two people that I love and know my quite well are no longer here in the Asbury World...or anywhere near it for that fact. Trust me, I am so excited for what God is doing in their lives and how they're following his plan for each of their lives. But I miss them so much...they were close friends. I could share things with them that I'm not comfortable sharing with others...there was this bond that just seemed to click with these two incredible women of God. So I'm in this mourning stage b/c I'm here and they're not. I know they're not dead but it's a different type of friendship now...and I'm curious if distance and these friendships can work. I miss being able to freely tell each of them what God has been speaking into my life and the direction I'm feeling more clearly led too.

Fall Revival was this week at school. Our guest speaker was Dr. Charles Lake and he shared a lot of good stuff. I'm still processing but one night he talked about marriage. I have a tendency to be turned off by that topic but this time I was tuned in to what he had to say. For those of you that know me well, you know that my dream man is hispanic, minus the mullet, who is deeply in love with God, and romantically speaks to me in Spanish. If that isn't possible the close second dream/pretty man is a Johnny Depp look-a-like. :) Anyway...back to marriage. The main topic was about not being un-equally yoked in your relationships...as in don't marry an unbeliever. Dr. Lake told a story about a girl in a church that he pastored. The girl was a wonderful person yet...Mr. Right wasn't coming around. She was distressed and talked to the good doctor about her problem. He asked her to consider saying this prayer which I've decided to say myself:

God, if I am to be married, bring a godly man into my life. If I am not to be married, I will still honor and obey you. While I am waiting though, please transform me into the godly woman you created me to be.

PS. I'm disappointed by the lack of response to the question of the day on the last post...I thought that was a great question

Question of the day: What is your favorite movie and why?

Me: It's always hard for me to pinpoint a favorite. I like a lot of movies for different reasons. I'll have to say Braveheart. William Wallace was a great example of following through with what you believe in no matter the cost. Plus Willy gets cool points for the awesome face paint he sports. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Tough call but if I had to choose I'd say Fight Club.

4:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home