Saturday, August 12, 2006

Long Time, No Post

I ran into lack of time to post on 2 blogs in India plus really slow internet connection. If you would like to know more about my trip feel free to e-mail me personal questions or check out posts on the xanga site.

I've offically been in the USA for a week today. Time has flown by like it usually does. I saw one of my good friends, Brenda for breakfast this week. It was so good to see her...I'm so lucky to have crossed paths with her...she's one of those people that will tell you the truth whether you like it or not. And one of the qualities I admire most about her is that she stands up for truth and what is right no matter the opposition or who gets offended. Sometimes I think the church needs more people like her. I then had lunch with a family friend that is close to my mom. I also got in to see the dentist 2 times this week, (lucky me) and the eye doc. I will visit my dentist again before I go back to school. I managed to score 4 cavities since my last visit. I'm not proud of that, by the way...but un-happy things do happen in life. I also spent some time at the corps yesterday. My officers started a back to school backpack program. It's where kids can get a backpack w/ school supplies in it. For the first time doing the program it went really well.

Today mom and I hung out. We went shopping and picked the right time to walk into Old Navy. Not only was there a sale...but it's there Best Week Ever. I won Goldfish crackers and mom got $10 off when you spend at least $50. I got some new pants and some shirts. And while in the mall, I couldn't resist walking into Vicki's...as in Victoria's Secret. It's like an obession with me. I didn't really need any new underwear or scents...but I hadn't bought anything in there for a while...so I easily talked myself into the 5 for $25 deal. Mom treated me to a movie. We saw You, Me, and Dupree. It's funny and enjoyable. I've really been wanting to see the sequal to Pirates of the Caribbean...but my mom doesn't like those kind of movies and my brother wouldn't see it twice, let alone with me.

In other news...I've started a new book. This one comes highly recommended by several people: Velvet Elvis. It's quite good actually...I like books that challenge me to think and encourage questions. I'm pondering whether I am one whose faith is like a spring...flexible, grows, inviting to others. Or am I a brick wall...am I solid, legalistic, and unwilling to consider another believer's take on scripture, doctrine, theology? I like to think I'm a spring.
My challenge for you all is to think about your personal faith. Are you like a spring or a brick?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home