Sunday, April 30, 2006

The 25 most recent

Long time, no post. What can I say...the semester is almost over and I'm a college student. I had a great weekend though. On Friday, I decided last minute that I was going to the Danville Corps to play volleyball and eat pizza. I did both of those things but I also learned a new game. A game called Texas Hold'em. I didn't do to bad for my first time playing. I actually won a few hands! I didn't make it to the end but I had fun regardless. Don't worry we didn't actually bet money just plastic chips.
On Saturday, I slept in and spent most of the afternoon reading books for class off and on while getting sucked into a lifetime movie. Please know it wasn't one of those sappy, "oh, he loves me" (please gag me) movies. It was about a kidnapping that resulted in a murder. The movie took place in the late 1980s. I found myself thinking that the majority of what the police and forensic expert did would have never happened on CSI. Granted we have more technology but I felt like the crime busters went by what they felt and tried to get the evidence match their personal opinions. Trajic. And I decided that I have watched a bit too much CSI lately.
Anyway, on Saturday evening I went out to dinner at Cheddar's with a great group. Then, my friend Gretchen and I went to Triangle Park...where the Global Night Commute was being held in Lexington. This was being done in approxamently 130 cities over the USA on the same date. The goal was to bring awareness to our government and other citizens about the Invisible Children of Northern Uganda. In short there is war going on in Uganda. The Lord's Rebel Army (LRA) abducts children and brainwash them to kill people in their army. In order to avoid being abducted children from surrounding villages commute into the city at night to sleep. Some sleep in parks and others flock to the verandas underneath the hospital. The good army (not the LRA) stand guard in the cities at night. So while they are doing something, it's not enough because children are still getting abducted. And the war continues in this country. While, I'm not sure how successful the event was, I was glad that I participated. We had the opportunity to write letters to President Bush and to our state Senators. We could also make a piece of artwork with our picture on it. The artwork is going to be published in a book that participants will have an opportunity to purchase in the near future.

For more info check out:

And now what I am sure you have all been waiting for. I thought I would include a list of the most recent 25 songs I have downloaded off of itunes.
1. Glory Days- Bruce Springsteen
2. Flashdance (What a Feeling)- Irene Cara
3. Hungry Eyes- Eric Carman
4. Hitchin' a Ride- Vanity Fare
5. Build me up Buttercup- The Foundations
6. Fishin' in the Dark- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
7. I'm Already There- Lonestar
8. Long Black Train- Josh Turner
9. Unchained Melody- The Righteous Brothers
10. Zambra- Willie & Lobo
11. Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)- Chris Rice
12. One Thing- Charlie Hall
13. If I Have Not Love- Matt Redman
14. You Must Increase- Matt Redman
15. Manic Monday- The Bangles
16. The Luckiest- Ben Folds
17. Nothing but the Blood- Joel Engle
18. The Battle Belongs to the Lord- Petra
19. I'll Fly Away- Alison Krauss
20. Down to the River to Pray- Alison Krauss
21. Cry Out to Jesus- Third Day
22. Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
23. He's A Rebel- The Crystals
24. Duke of Earl- Gene Chandler
25. Sugar Sugar- The Archies

Question of the Day: How would you feel if stirup pants and side pony tails came back into fashion?

Me: Other than running in the opposite direction my hard earned cash flow would not be spent on a new pair of stirups. And I have nothing against those who choose to wear those type of pants or hair stlye...it's just not for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home