Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Whole New World

I'm writing to let you all know that we arrived safely in Chennai! We got here at 4 AM yesterday (June 14). I was a little out of it that early in the morning. The driving here is crazy! If you've ever been to NYC it's very similar. There is constant horn beeping and there are few traffic lights. There are a lot of motor cycles and bicycles.

Today we went to the THQ and met several of the officers in the territory. We visited the school that we will be in for about 2 weeks too today. We did our first meeting at a corps today too. The kids were so precious. They kept wanting to shake my hand and touch my hair...which is in a bunch of little braids on my head. Given my curly hair and extreme heat...braids were a great idea! :) One kid touched my toes too.

I am adjusting to the spicy food. I'm getting accustomed to eating with my right hand. It hasn't been as weird as I thought it would be.

I love you all and hope that you are all having a great summer! Drop me a comment or a line via e-mail to let me know how you're all doing. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home