Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It's About Time

What can I say? I got into the whole relaxing, waking up whenever, wearing lounge pants mode. I've been home for several weeks now and in less than two weeks I will be going to India. I'm still in denial about it even though I'm excited at the same time. Does that make sense?

I haven't seen to many people other than my immediate family while I've been home. Pretty much everyone that I generally spend time with while I am home are busy with their jobs. But it hasn't been that bad. I've been reading some interesting books.

The first being I made the mistake of reading "The Da Vinci Code". While I think the author did an incredible job researching for the book...his theory about Jesus doesn't fly with me. My personal opinion being that glory moved being focused on God to man...but it's not something that is blatenately said in the book.

The other book being, "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller. This one I have yet to finish. But it has been an amazing, thought provoking read. Here's something to think about:

"Humans, as a species, are constantly, and in every way, comparing themselves to one another, which, given the brief nature of their existance, seems an oddity and, for that matter, a waste. Nevertheless, this is the driving influence behind every human's social development, their emotional health and sense of joy, and, sadly, their greatest tregedies. It is as though something that helped them function and live well has gone missing, and they are pining for that missing think in all sorts of odd methods, none of which are working. The greater tragedy is that very few people understand they have the disease. This seems strange as well because it is obvious. To be sure, it is killing them, and yet sustaining their social and economic systems. They are entirely beautiful people with a terrible problem."
-Donald Miller's take on what an Alien would think upon visiting Earth.

For real though...consider checking out this book!

Question of the day: On a hot summer day would you rather go to the beach, an amusement park, or a baseball game?

Me: I would love to go to the beach if I lived near one. Maybe I'll get to be on one this summer in India. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home