Saturday, September 02, 2006

My Utmost




Going to school is beginning to feel normal to me again. My schedule isn't too crazy this year but it will get a little tight once my practicum starts. I've had a couple chances to talk about India and have throughly enjoyed those moments. I'm excited that there are people who want to see pictures and hear about my experience. This week I got to talk to three different women about my trip. Each experience was different. And each was a blessing. I spoke to an amazing woman that has seen me grow over my time at Asbury. This woman is so busy so, when I get a chance to meet with her, I consider it an honor because I'm worth that little bit of time in her day.

Interestingly enough, my apartmentmates and I are reading the same devo book: My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. We didn't plan on all reading it. It just happened. Also my "little" sis is reading the book too!

My one complaint in life is that I had to buy polo shirts to work in the cafeteria. This is my fourth year working there and the first tim they've made us buy shirts. I shouldn't complain b/c I get paid $6.75 an hour to work there. I guess my problem is that only one of my shifts is where people would actually see me and pay attention to what I'm wearing. The others are either between meals or take place in the actual kitchen.

Yesterday night, roommate, nicole, trantham, and I went out to the movies. Little Miss Sunshine was reccommended so we saw that. It is funny and bizzare. There is a lot of the "f" word but that's the only drawback.

Roommate purchased a blender and I had my first banana milk shake today. Very enjoyable.

Question of the day: What is your favorite drink to make in a blender?

Me: I have to say a berry smoothie is my #1 choice.

2 Comments:

Blogger jsi said...

We make fruit smoothies for breakfast 5 out of 7 days a week. Frozen bananas (there are always too many bananas in the bunch before they ripen)milk, ice cubes and strawberries - DIVINE!
My Utmost for His Highest, a treasure and a blessing wrapped in one. I read it once a year, usualy during the summer and my copy is worn, containing different notes, dates, circumstances, names, addresses, baby food spills, marks from tears. It wouldn't be considered a mint-condition copy by ebay standards, but it means the world to me.
Enjoy your day and stay on the sunny side!

9:17 PM

 
Blogger jsi said...

If you've had a chance to see my blog, its the same material. I type on Word because there is a blogger setting, save and publish, its a snap. But I enjoy xanga (it seems easier to me for some things, not all).
So I do surf both, but not the same night. I don't alternate every night, but I do alternate enough to spread the attention around.

Too cool, glad you kept the book, but Im more happy that you're reading it and digesting it!
Enjoy your day!

10:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home