Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Soundtrack of My Life

Ok, so this is one of those silly things but sometimes they prove to be entertaining.

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool..

Opening Credits: Little Star- Madonna

Waking Up: Super Girl- Krystal Harris

First Day At School: Spirit in the Sky- Norman Greenbaum

Falling In Love: The World I Know- Collective Soul

Fight Song: Swing, Swing- The All-American Rejects

Breaking Up: Take the Lead (Wanna Ride)- Bones, Thugs-N-Harmony & Wishin & Yandel

Prom: I'm Just a Kid- Simple Plan
Life's Ok: Let it Ride- Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Mental Breakdown: Pure- Superchic[k]

Driving: Somedays- Meredith Brooks

Flashback: Fishin' in the Dark- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Getting Back Together: What is Love- Haddaway

Wedding: Grease- Frankie Valli

Birth of a child: Heart to God, Hand to Man- Geoff Moore & The Distance

Final Battle: That's What Makes You Strong- The Judds

Death Scene: Counting Blue Cars- Dishwalla

Funeral Song: Better Now- Collective Soul

End Credits: God of Wonder's- The Guarantee

Heavenly praise song to Jesus: The Sound of Silence- Simon & Garfunkel

Today, I have to take a PRAXIS test on Principles of Learning and Teaching. It is a paper test...gag me. I had to spend a lot of money (when there is 3 numerals before the decimal point, I consider it to be a lot). I really would prefer to pass but it's out of my hands. I can perform to the best of my ability and if it's not good enough this time around...I can pay to take it again. I have prepared and studied. YES, I studied on a Friday night.

My Thanksgiving plans are not exactly what I desire them to be. However, it is not about me and there are others who are more in need than me. It won't be that bad but, I was really looking forward to a home-cooked meal. Not so much...we're going to a buffet. And it will be nice to be home for a few days. I haven't been home since August.

Question of the Day: What's the Soundtrack of Your Life?

Me: See Above!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Ok, first of all, props for having Meredith Brooks on your playlist! Here’s mine…

Opening Credits: Out of Control – Mindy Smith
Waking Up: As Time Goes By – Jimmy Durante
First Day At School: Follow You Down – Gin Blossoms
Falling In Love: Mother – Pink Floyd (that’s messed up!!!)
Fight Song: Shattered Dreams - Johnny Hates Jazz (also messed up!!!)
Breaking Up: Paradise Once – John Gorka (I kid you not)
Prom: St. Elmo’s Fire – John Parr (even I’m starting not to believe this, that really could have been my prom song!)
Life's Ok: How Great – David Crowder Band
Mental Breakdown: Goodnight Elizabeth – Counting Crows (hahahaha)
Driving: No Other – Ashton, Becker, Dente
Flashback: Hand of Providence – Michael W. Smith (unbelievable)
Getting Back Together: Foolish Heart - Journey
Wedding: Best of Luck – Nickel Creek (hahahaha)
Birth of a child: Tiny Dancer – Elton John (I’ll tell you why this is amazing in a minute)
Final Battle: Have You Ever Seen the Rain – Creedence Cleerwater Revival
Death Scene: Rain – Stryper (so happy Stryper made the list)
Funeral Song: Justify My Thug – Dangermouse (hahaha)
End Credits: Alone - Heart
Heavenly praise song to Jesus: Never Enough – The Cure

Oh man that’s a crappy list, but here’s the thing. My life actually does have a soundtrack that I’ve been keeping tabs on since I got engaged. It’s not a very long list but, so far, Madonna’s Crazy For You was playing when I proposed to Jamie and, when Jamie was in the operating room getting a C-section, there was a radio in the room playing freaking Abba’s Dancing Queen. I’ve always said that I wished it had been Tiny Dancer by Elton John. Evidently the movie of my life will correct the error.

3:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home