Sunday, November 12, 2006

Questions for Heaven



This picture is related to the title of my post. Even though I've used this before...it was one of my favorite merged photos.

There's a song called "Questions for Heaven" by Chris Rice. I heard it for the first time in chapel a couple of weeks ago. The song got me started thinking. If I had the opportunity to ask God anything, what would I ask him? Would I even be able to speak to him first off...I could see myself in awe, trying to talk. Supposing that I could actually make my voice work here are some of my questions for heaven.

What are your thoughts about me?

Why are there 4 seasons?

Do the actions or choices of your people ever surprise you?

In moments of death there is life. In moments of pain there is also beauty. But there will come a time when there will be no more death, pain, or crying. (Check out Revelation 21:3-5). Your word never claims that our lives are going to be pain free. God is it hard for you to watch your children be in pain?

Despite how busy this week is going to be for me (I have a lesson plan due, a paper, a unit analysis due, a test on Thursday, and a Praxis Test on Saturday.), I am challenging myself to not lose focus on God. Typically on a week like this...I get wrapped up in it and lose focus. We'll see how it goes. For those of you that like to pray, please keep my mind in prayer on Saturday. I had to pay $125 for this test and not getting the proficient score that I need to "pass" means I have to pay again to take it at a later date.

In other news I am quite blessed. I am surrounded by people that truly care and love me. From my "mentor" to my small group that meets on Saturday nights. And many other examples in between. If seasons of weather could be compared to my faith walk, I would say that I'm in a season of Spring. I'm growing, learning, and feeling incredibly blessed.

Question of the day: If you were a crayon, which section of the crayon box would you be in? The earth tones, pastels, metalics, flourescents?

Me: The bright ones...I've always been attracted to bright, bold colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home