Monday, November 27, 2006

Breaking News: Thanksgiving Break

Not that I don't have anything better to do with myself (I actually have homework I'm avoiding) I decided to update about my Thanksgiving Break.

Thanksgiving Break was actually not that bad. We did eat at a restaurant so I missed out on the homecooked meal. However, the food was good and the conversation went well at our table. After the meal, we went to my aunt's house. We played Trivial Pursuit...one round was really enough for me. But then my mom made us play it again. I really wanted to play a different game but she didn't go for it. I tried to stay positive but I was kinda annoyed. We came home that night and the next day my mom and I traveled to Pittsburgh. I love that city! We watched my high school alma mater play in a W.P.A.I.L champianship game. They lost by 3 points but it was a good game. We actually did some shopping in the afternoon of Black Friday. The crowds weren't that bad and I scored a new pair of boots!

We did some more shopping on Saturday and I got pretty car sick from the backroads of Western Pennsylvania. I've lived in the same place for the majority of my life (excluding my college time) and I still have a hard time with those windy, curvy, hilly roads. On Sunday, I came back here and enjoyed food from my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Being home wasn't that bad. I tend to over-dramatize things. Yes, the house was cold and I had to layer a bit but that is handleable. Mom and I sill have awkward moments. It's like we don't know how to communicate well anymore. Part of my wonders if things will get better. I know how much she wants to be a part of my life but at the same time, having all of my dreams, thoughts, and ideas shot down in some fashion is less than pleasant to hear. Maybe for some having a constant opposing opinion isn't bothersome. However, words of affirmation ranks high on how I receive love from others. I know without a shadow of a doubt that my mom loves me. She has sacrificed so much for me. A wise woman once told me that this period in my life is generally a hard one between parents and children. She said that because in one sense I am considered an adult but I'm still dependent on her in other aspects. Perhaps one day, we'll stop butting heads on so many subjects and get beyond surface level stuff.

Question of the day: What's your favorite word?

Me: Beautiful. It's not a high and lofty word but I truly enjoy putting this word in sentences. Sometimes I think I don't use it enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home