Sunday, April 01, 2007

Spring Breakin' Wonderment














I had the most incredible Spring Break! I had the most incredible opportunity over Spring Break. I went on a road trip to Arizona with my small group. It was such a God ordained break. Every moment had a purpose. So much was imparted into me. I got to see the desert and cacti for the first time! It was so beautiful!Spending 9 whole days with my small group was priceless! I really got to know the other women in the group on a human and spiritual level. We were able to talk about serious subjects but also just enjoy eachother's company. There was a lot of joy and laughter over the break. While in Arizona, we stayed at an Indian Reservation. That was quite the experience. The Native American people are a stripped people. The environment I was in had an oppressivness over it. However, it was an eye opening experience. I had a chance to attend a church service on the Reservation. I was able to participate in the service and shared a dance with the congregation. I enjoyed driving out west. I got to see the landscape of states I had never been in before! It was amazing to see the changes in the landscapes the further west we got. If you ever get a chance to go to Arizona, check out Texas Canyon. It's a small spot with these randomly placed boulders and rocks. No one knows how they got there, but it was magnificent! I saw some incredible sunsets...I flew a kite for the first time, went briefly into Mexico, and took a picture with a real Border Patrol man!


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger jsi said...

Oh Annie, are those your photos? They are MAGNIFICENT!
Glad your break was such a memory making experience!

7:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home