Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's A Brand New Year...Charlie Brown

My Christmas Break was spent being busy. I don't think I know how to relax anymore. I worked up until Christmas Eve helping out for the busiest time of year for the Salvation Army. I answered the phone, rang the bell for kettles, tackled operation Angel Tree, counted kettle money, and some other office affliated work. I then spent the next two days with the fam and then jumped on a coach bus headed for St. Louis. I went to the Urbana conference. It was a huge blessing but also crazy busy. I got to see my good friend Gretch, made a few new friends, (holla to Josie), and hung out with a school friend. I spent my New Year's in St. Louis, which was pretty cool. I took in a lot of information at Urbana. The speakers for the most part were phenominal! We did a Bible study that focused on the book of Ephesians all week long. My brain was focused on the future. Specifically how I will live my life worthy of the calling I have received (Ephesians 4:1). I feel pretty confident that what I will be doing is not going to be easy, make me rich, or even include a permanent settlement. Am I okay with this...yes because I know that this is what I have been created to do. All of the experiences, my gifts, and my talents are groing to be useful in this profession I am working toward.

As you can see, I didn't have much time to think about New Year's Resolutions. Once I got back home I did have a chance to think about those Resolutions...and I've settled for two:

1.) Drink at least 32-64 ounces of water per day.

2.) Get back into my exercise routine.

I've been pretty good about the water...exercise not so much. My options are a bit limited at home so I'm unleashing plan "Shape-up" upon return to school.

Also with a New Year comes reflecting on the previous one.

1.I realized that my gut reaction to situations involving a rush of adrenaline is fight not flight.

2. Asbury had a revival and I came to terms with the madness that is my life.

3. I got over my pride and asked my brother for a loan of money when I was a little short.

4. I realized that I can go just about anywhere and be content. I've ventured out west and I've left the country/continent.

5. I learned the importance of wearing a barrier on my hands when cutting jalepenos.

6. I am ridiculously blessed.

7. I am also imensely loved by others and my God.

8. People do change...don't hold them to the standards you had for them several years ago.

9. I am able to lose weight...keeping it off is another story.

10. I stopped hiding my love of public speaking!

11. I read some good books...I should of read some more.

12. I came to terms with the fact that I am weird.

13. I discovered the joy of Alias (thanks to Rachel)

14. I became a mentor and a mentee.

15. Change is inevitable...I'm just going to have to find a way to deal.

1 Comments:

Blogger jsi said...

Your not all that weird, really.
And Alias is THE BEST. I just love when the music gets tense and you just know, "She's gonna run". She runs like a gazelle!
Enjoy your day!

9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home